A number of NIAS Visiting Grants is open to non-EU East-European and African researchers who meet the following requirements:
- in possession of a Ph.D. degree
- not older than 45 years of age
- employed at a university or research institute
The grants are intended for junior scholars from the humanities and social sciences, preference is given to
- applicants who propose an interdisciplinary project
- a project that is closely related to an already externally funded project.
In the year 2013/14 NIAS specially welcomes projects that are related to the following topics:
- Cultural Heritage and Computational Humanities
- Brain and Cognition
- Global Society and Identity.
Please note, that NIAS is a residential institute and that visiting grants are awarded for a fixed three month period, starting on 1 September and on 1 February.
Successful applicants will be given a studio apartment, equipped with a computer (with internet connection) and have access to other NIAS research facilities, such as the reference library.
The grant carries a stipend of € 2600 per month, free lunches during the working week, and reimbursement of round trip travel expenses. The fellowship does not offer facilities for the Scholar's partner or family.