Organizing a Workshop at NIAS
NIAS offers unique facilities for the organization of short academic workshops. Applications can be submitted for workshops of one, two or three days in the period between September and June (workdays only, excluding holidays, the first week of September, and the first week of February).
- Conference Hall with presentation equipment (max 75 participants)
- Limited number of small meeting rooms with optional presentation equipment
- Free Wifi access in all areas
- Accommodation on Campus (max 10) or at hotels in the vicinity
- Catering ranging from coffee/tea to full board
- Group transportation from Leiden Central or The Hague Central to NIAS and back (once only)
- For one-day workshops - maximum 75
- Two or three-day workshops including accommodation - maximum 40 participants
- The group of participants should in principle be made up of researchers from the Netherlands and abroad.
Workshop Costs and Applications for grants
- Grants are awarded for part of the workshop costs - part of the costs should be covered by the organizers
- Travel costs of participants should preferably be covered by the organizers.
Who can apply for a NIAS Workshop?
- Researchers in the Humanities and Social Sciences (and interaction with hard/or life sciences) at Dutch Universities (Ph.D. minimum)
- Researchers from KNAW Institutes (holding a Ph.D. degree)
- NIAS Fellows and Theme group members from the current year group
The academic programme of the workshop should reflect the research areas focused on in NIAS's academic policy or should aim at developing new (interdisciplinary) themes.
The NIAS focus areas for 2012, 2013, and 2014 are:
- Cultural Heritage and Computational Humanities
- Brain and Cognition
- Global Society and Identity.
Applications can be submitted throughout the year but there are only four selection and planning dates. The deadlines for submission are:
- 15 February
- 15 April
- 15 August
- 15 October
|•||For applications download the application form|
|The Application Form will only be accepted in Word Format|
|•||For the budget, fill out the budget model|
Outcome of application procedure
The outcome of the application procedure will be communicated within three weeks after the application deadline.
Grants are awarded on the basis of the agreed budget. The terms of the awarded application will be laid down in an agreement to be signed by NIAS and the workshop organizer.